5G Magazine Issue no. 3 – Sep 2016 is ready!
The major 5G developments of the month come via Far EasTone’s 5G services demo supported over 4G networks evolving to 5G, via iconic device launches from Apple and Samsung whose new features predict an evolution to 5G, and also via news from CTIA 2016 SuperMobility introducing 5G products and solutions as evolution from exiting solutions, just faster, better performing, cheaper and/or more optimized.
The common theme in these developments is that they position 5G as “evolution” of 4G. However, in previous months we saw developments that position 5G as a “revolutionary” approach such as Facebook’s TIP, Spectrum Sharing from DARPA, and Cloud, Open Source Telco.
For now, both approaches are present in the marketplace. At the end, will 5G be an evolution or a revolution?
Here is the link to the PDF: 5g-magazine-issueno3-2016-09
Highlights from inside 5G Magazine
- In the continuous stream of news about 5G testbeds, pre-commercial demos, and lab trials, the one that Far EasTone and Ericsson conducted stands out. They demonstrated 5G services over the 4G network, reporting a 1 Gbps throughput. What makes this demo unique is the vision of 5G as an evolution path from LTE. Technology wise, the evolution involves adding features like MIMO, beamforming and carrier aggregation incrementally. On the spectrum side, the operator says that the will start the evolution path in the 1800 MHz and 2600 MHz bands; because 5G spectrum has not been allocated yet in Taiwan, they expect alignment with the most commonly used bands for 5G internationally 3.6 GHz, 5.8 GHz and 28 GHz bands.
- On the device side, this was a remarkable month for smartphones. Apple and Samsung, the largest cellular phone makers worldwide with 15.9% and 22.5% of the 2015 global share respectably – launched new devices. For Apple, we look at the new features of the iPhone 7 to predict the evolution to 5G of the smartphones. The most important trends are no wires, more computing power and VR, AR capabilities.
- In the US, the mobile ecosystem gathered for the annual CTIA SuperMobility show, and 5G was everywhere. The FCC, transportation and automotive industries, and major telecom OEMs made announcements related to 5G with an evolutionary flavor along the lines of additional bands of spectrum, additional IoT network devices, improved enterprise solutions, and evolution of existing RAN, Core and Service architectures.
5G Magazine Information for Readers, Contributors & Enthusiasts
The 5G Magazine is the #1 read for technologists, investors, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, event organizers, corporate executives, academics, engineers and researchers, government officials, international organizations, PR/press and mobile enthusiasts. It is an independent monthly publication, and this is a pre-rollout, market trial issue of the periodical.
As for the 5G Magazine, we make it from this month more accessible with a www.5g-magazine.com site, and social media presence in major networks. These are the ones starting up this month:
- Twitter: @5g_magazine, https://twitter.com/5g_magazine
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The5GMagazine/
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/103636833680687105602
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/7072139
The publication is edited, designed, produced, and distributed by a team of word class experts. For more information or inquiries please visit ElenaNeira.com or send email to email@example.com.
Did you Know? 43% of our readers say that Cloud, Distributed Computing are top skills for 5G. This came in as part of our August 2016 readers pool results. We posted the full details of the pool in the magazine’s website under this link.
Advertising on 5G Magazine 5G Magazine is the single largest source of news that is focused on the 5G Innovation, Tech, and Entrepreneurial ecosystem. We have a number of different options to reach a highly educated and affluent audience of tech influencers at scale. If you are interested in discussing further, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can walk you through the various options, and how to make it work for you.
Want to Be a 5G Magazine Contributor? Are you interested in writing for the largest and fastest growing publication focused on the 5G industry, innovations, startup and technology ecosystem? Please reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss.
Like what you’ve been seeing from 5G Magazine? You can help us spread the word. Please forward the 5G Magazine and let your friends know about it. Subscription options will soon be available.